Re: Custom error handling

On Mon, 18 May 1998 20:46:31 -0400 (EDT), you wrote:

>> > I'm having a hard time figuring out how I can use my own perl script
>> > to handle a 404 Not Found situation.
>> >
>> > Specifically, how should I modify the CONFIG.PI3 file so that instead
>> > of loading "/errors/404.ssi", my script "/cgi-bin/404.pl" is called?
>^^^^
>The only things I can suggest:
>	- Make sure your favourite text editor does not insert spurious
>	whitespace characters on continued lines (lines ending in '\')

Damn my editor - I believe this was indeed the culprit!! Thanks for
the suggestion - it worked like a charm.

Now, the question is what variable holds the requested document. I
looked at the %ENV hash and found that SCRIPT_NAME, not PATH_INFO,
holds it.  Is there any other way to get the name of the document that
was not found? Perhaps I can modify CONFIG.PI3 so that the name is
passed in the same config line that specifies my error-handling perl
script?

Thanks again!

Jim