Re: CGI-directory question

Roman Boyarchouk schrieb:

>     HI!
^^
Hi!

>     I have tested Pi3Web and found it pretty good! But I didn't find any
> information about such thing: How can I map directory for CGI execution from
> within other directory? (for example I want to map user's directory to
> "c:\user" and want to let him execute Perl's CGI form directory
> "c:\user\cgi-bin" just by reffering to it with "cgi-bin/script.cgi") Each
> time I try to run script from virtual directiry such as
> "www.host.com/user/cgi-bin" server returns programm code to browser.
^^
You've to add a CGI mapping to c:\user\cgi-bin for this:

- admin dialog, page-register "Mappings"
- Add mapping for url "/user/cgi-bin/" to physical path "c:\user\cgi-bin"
  type "CGI"
- save config and restart server

>     And another question:
>     My previous web-server was MS IIS 2.0 that was supplyed with NT 4.0
> distributive. I had a search script in there for searching my database. I
> use to send to him request with a string like:
> "www.host.com/cgi-bin/search.cgi?firm" where word "firm" was replaced with
> name of firm in russian language. Everything worked properly until I
> installed Pi3Web server that doesn't support any language but english (I
> belive). How can I send requests with russian symbols?
^^
You've to use url-encoded characters for all non US-ASCII character set char's
(%XX, where XX is the hexadecimal code of the character, i.e. "%40" is the
url-encoded character "@"). See RFC 1738 (2.2. URL Character Encoding Issues)
for details.

--
with regards
Holger

Holger 'Zimpel' Zimmermann    Contact me:
Wendishain                    tel./fax company: on demand
Germany                       tel./fax private: on demand
homepage: http://home.t-online.de/home/zimpel/
web server: surf to it from my homepage (online every
            Sunday 20:00-24:00 GMT, start shifted again)
e-Mail:     zimpel@t-online.de