Re: About a Config file on a UNIX server

Hi,

So, why not just create a CGI that takes the form input (since you do need
a CGI to do this, anyways) that justs adds that line in?  For most standard
password files, the password is encrypted using Base64, atleast Pi3 is.
And I think the Linux password files are also.

Is that your question?  Or are you asking whether or not such a cgi exists?
 I'm sure one exists. But it might be easier to just write your own
(probably fastest with perl).