Re: IRC or Cgi web chat

Jay Davis schrieb:

> Hi All,
>         Later on this month I'm going to be hosting  a chat with the writer of
> a movie, which stared Terry Farrell (The actress my site is based
> around) and I was wondering if anyone knows of a decent free irc server
> capable of handling about 70/150 people or a cgi web chat page I could
> set up, for the date I've managed to get a dedicated line to the isp, so
> speed is no problem it's just I've haven't been able to find any irc
> servers (That handle over ten people) or cgi's that work with pi3web...
>
> If you can help pleaselet me know as soon as you can
> Thanx
> ~Jay

Hi, try

http://www.cgi-resources.com/Programs_and_Scripts/Perl/Chat/

or and search site for "chat"
http://www.itm.com/cgicollection/index.cgi?page=1

for CGI

or try

http://members.xoom.com/ircdc/
http://webboard.oreilly.com/

or for a further search:
http://www.winfiles.com/apps/98/servers-misc.html

for IRC servers under Windows95/NT.

Or look at
ftp://ftp.sunet.se/pub/network/irc/server/
http://userwww.service.emory.edu/~zyu/Packages.html#ircd

for IRC server under UNIX/Linux.

The URL's are all working but I did not tested the stuff.
I only searched for it. 'Cause I don't know if your ISP has
a NT or Unix server I looked for both.

--
Hope I could help
Holger

Holger 'Zimpel' Zimmermann    Contact me:
Wendishain                    tel./fax company: on demand
Germany                       tel./fax private: on demand
homepage: http://home.t-online.de/home/zimpel@t-online.de
web server: surf to it from my homepage (online every
            Sunday 20:00-24:00 GMT, start 1. Jule 1998)
e-Mail:     zimpel@t-online.de