Re: Another Perl Problem

Nathan R Heagy schrieb:

> This was the problem - seems command-line programs like PERL can't see LFN
> with spaces correctly. I have solved the problem by moving pi3web to my
> /projects/ folder so that it has no spaces, and all mapped cgi folders to
> cgi-bin/project_name and mapping them to project_name/cgi_application_name
> such as cope/database. this really is powerful. I have just finished
> developing the first phase of a simple PERL/CGI database application that
> was taking days of uploading, checking, revising, uploading, etc, and the
> cost that incurred. Wow. I also solved the .shtml index problem by making
> the index.html of localhost a link to all my projects' homepages, including
> .shtml ones.
>
> I offically propose that the next revision read index.shtml as the index,
> automatically.

^^^^
Hi, pay attention to the following:
The server with setup configuration looks for your main page in the
/webroot/ directory along the following chain of filenames in the shown
order:

index.ssi
index.html
index.htm
default.ssi
default.htm
default.html

The first file from the list that was found will be shown as your main page.
If there's no file from the list in /webroot/ the directory contents of
/webroot/ is listed as directory table.
It was also my first step with Pi3Web to add .shtml to the mime-types and
index file order.

> Is there anyway to have .cgi scripts execute as such in document mapped
> directories? Maybe by changing mime types?

^^^^
Try to change the following in Config.Pi3:

# ---
#
# Scripts, WinScripts, FastCGIScripts
#
#	Handler sequences for resources which have mapped to these
# 	respective types
#
# ---
<Object>
    Name Scripts
    Class FlexibleHandlerClass
    Handle
Condition="&and(&cmp($c,internal/x-directory),&regexp('/cgi-bin'/,$z))"
TableHTML
    Condition "&cmp(&dblookup(response,string,ObjectMap),Scripts)"
^^^^
Now the standard cgi handler calls the TableHTML handler if mime-type is
internal/x-directory and the shortened URL path begins with /cgi-bin/.

The handling of WinCGI, FastCGIand ISAPI you could redirect in the same way.

> Thanks for all the help. pi3 is great!
> Nathan R Heagy
> -- -- --
> Building Quality Web Sites
> http://heagy.com

<abbreviated>

--
with regards
Holger

Holger 'Zimpel' Zimmermann    Contact me:
Wendishain                    tel./fax company: on demand
Germany                       tel./fax private: on demand
homepage: http://home.t-online.de/home/zimpel@t-online.de
web server: surf to it from my homepage (online every
            Sunday 20:00-24:00 GMT, start 1. Jule 1998)
e-Mail:     zimpel@t-online.de