Re: More trouble

Adam Fast schrieb:
> Well, now I'm having more trouble with Pi3.  I had the old version
> installed and running, then downloaded the new version.  I installed it
> into the default directory, which is where the old version was
> installed.  So, I then modified the index.ssi file to be the main page
> like I had done previously.  Now, it pulls up the old page I had made,
> and I cannot find where it is located.  So, how do I change it to use
> the new one?
^^^^ Hi,
I don't full understand the problem but may be there's some file within
your webroot directory that causes the problem. The foolowing is to read
if you are using Pi3Web in a personal environment and you browse to your
main page with:

The server by default looks for your main page in the /webroot/ directory
along the following chain of filenames in the shown order:

The first file from the list that was found will be shown as your main page.
If there's no file from the list in /webroot/ the directory contents of
/webroot/ is listed as directory table.

So if there's a file 'index.ssi' in the /webroot/ it always will be shown
as your main page and all other files will be ignored.

Try to hit every possible page from your whole /webroot/ contents with
explicit mention of the filename in the url:

with regards

A hint - If you don't real use SSI within your main page use another
extension (.html or .htm) since every .ssi file is extra parsed by the
server at runtime.

Holger 'Zimpel' Zimmermann    Contact me:
Wendishain                    tel./fax company: on demand
Germany                       tel./fax private: on demand
homepage: http://home.t-online.de/home/zimpel@t-online.de
web server: surf to it from my homepage (online every
            Sunday 20:00-24:00 GMT, start 1. Jule 1998)
e-Mail:     zimpel@t-online.de