Re: Pi3Perl - how to pass environment variables

Toni Harbaugh-Blackford schrieb:

> Folks-
>
> I just picked the 'development' versions of Pi3Web and Pi3Perl, and
> implemented the sample hello.pl program to test the basic setup.  But
^^^^
Hi, first a question (Sorry): Is there a sample configuration file shipped
with Pi3Perl? I just started with it and in vain looked for a working sample
configuration. Did I overlook something?

> now I would like to be able to access a Pi3Perl script's environment
> via %ENV, and with the sample setup no environment variables are passed.
^^^^
I'm also very new with Pi3Perl. So far as I know the embedded Perl interpreter
means that you can access the PIAPI's directly. But I think that you can use
the example how to access  server-variables (the common CGI-environment is just
copy of selected server variables). When you look into the auth.pl example,
you'll find how to lookup the field "Authorization" in the request-database.
Some more additional info you'll find in the server documentation too
(http://localhost/pidocs/)

> Does someone have a Config file example for passing the environment to a
> Pi3Perl script?  If not, does the 'Pi3WebPerl' object support parameters
> like "IncludeParentsEnvironment", "EnvironmentSize", "Variable", etc.,
> as in the 'StandardCGI' object description?
^^^^
Don't know the configuration of the Pi3WebPerl-object at this time, sorry.
But I think this is not your current problem. I think Pi3Perl needs another
approach than you got used to with standard CGI. (Correct English?)

> I am new to Pi3Web Config file modification, so any help is appreciated.
^^^^
Ask me again later. But from my point of view I can't see a configuration
problem on your side now. At the moment I have one.

--
with regards
Holger

Holger 'Zimpel' Zimmermann    Contact me:
Wendishain                    tel./fax company: on demand
Germany                       tel./fax private: on demand
homepage: http://home.t-online.de/home/zimpel/
web server: surf to it from my homepage (online every
            Sunday 20:00-24:00 GMT, start shifted again)
e-Mail:     zimpel@t-online.de