Re: Web Server

[some stuff deleted]

> >    HTTP/1.0 200 OK
> >    Server: foo
> >    Last-Modified-Date: Sun, 02 Nov 1997 19:09:10 GMT
> >    etc...
>
> John does your server do Meta tags? or is that a client thing?
^^^
Client thing, so from that perspective the server supports it fully. :)

> But anyways, if meta tags work, the following will do the exact same thing.
> Just put it between <head> </head> of the HTML.
> For the specific purpose the guy named with changing pictures from a
> webcam, do this:
>
> <META HTTP-EQUIV="refresh"
>    CONTENT="3;URL='http://www.homepage.com/spot2.html'">
^^^^^^
Yes making the browser automatically reload is a very different
approach, but a good one.

> Where the number after the content is the the number of seconds before the
> browser automatically refreshes, and the address is the page to be loaded,
> in your case, the same as the page.
>
> For the purpose of expiring, you can do the following:
>
> <META HTTP-EQUIV="expires" CONTENT="Sun, 28 Dec 1997 09:32:45 GMT">
^^^^^^
Of course, yes this is easier than making the server selectively send
extra headers, for those browsers that support it - and most do.

I've obviously sent too long pondering server-based solutions to  think of the
easy way to do things!

> Note, that I have not tried either with the pi3web server.  I know not if
> this is dependent on the server or the browser.
^^^^
I have, and it is independent of the server, I think it requires NS 3.0
compatibility (same as MSIE3.0).

John